Blog, Updates & News
As announced earlier this year, 1Broker will be permanently shut down on December 27th, 2019. Please withdraw all remaining funds if you have not already done so. After this date, it will not longer be possible to access the trading panel.
We will remain reachable by email if you have any questions!
as you may know, the past months were quite eventful. In late September 2018 two United States financial regulators, the SEC and CFTC, filed civil lawsuits against our company and CEO related to offering access to the 1Broker trading platform to US-based customers.
We are pleased to let you know that we settled the two lawsuits without admitting or denying the factual allegations of their complaints on March 4th 2019. All customers who requested withdrawals via the new domain 1broker.io have had their bitcoin refunded to them. We will continue to process refund requests at least until the end of 2019 - if you still have funds on the platform please withdraw them until then.
We want to sincerely apologize for the days when our service was unreachable - rest assured that customers’ funds were never at risk.
We have been working on a new project for a few months now and decided that a fresh start is the best way of moving forward.
We are forever grateful to all traders who used our services in the past years and hope that you will continue to be a part of the projects to come.
Update December 2019
1Broker will be permanently shut down on December 27th, 2019. Please withdraw all remaining funds if you have not already done so. After this date, it will not longer be possible to access the trading panel.
We will remain reachable by email if you have any questions!
We are happy to announce that our new and improved referral system has been enabled on 1Broker. It rewards you for recommending our service to your friends and introducing our platform to new traders. As a thank you for helping 1Broker, you will receive 25% of our trading commissions generated by your referred users and 5% when they copy other traders - a lifetime long.
To celebrate this event, the referral reward percentage is doubled from 25% to 50% until Monday, September the 10th.
Old referral links are fully backwards compatible and you can continue to use them.
An overview of the new features:
Now it is possible to create up to 5 referral links for your account. This is extremely useful for tracking your results: You could use the first link to make Facebook posts and the second to make Twitter posts.
Powerful Charts and Statistics
For each link you can see new charts and statistics, showing you exactly when your link got clicked, when a new user registered using your link and how much you earned from them per day. This is especially interesting for advanced marketing actions and makes it more transparent which marketing channel has been the most effective.
User-level Earnings Information
For an even deeper analysis, there is now a detailed listing of your daily referral earnings per individual user available.
Here is the full changelog of our recent update:
- Referral payments are now cumulated and paid out once a day.
- It is now possible to delete the account from the settings page.
- You can now report support messages if they weren’t helpful.
- The order create text in your transaction log shows more information.
- Major backend refactoring.
- position/shared/get api call: Renamed “deleted” field to to “deleted_by”.
The latest update brought some minor improvements. Here is the detailed changelog:
- New fields for position history CSV export.
- Major internal code refactoring.
- Renamed user/transaction_log to user/transactions and updated the response to include payload. We also renamed some transaction types.
- New API call copy_trader/list which lists all traders you copy and your copy settings.
- Added order_id to position/get API call return.
- Minimum withdrawal amount set to 0.0001 BTC.
Due to a major internal code refactoring, the update from last night brought performance improvements and a few minor changes. Here is the detailed changelog:
- Copied traders list is now sorted alphabetical by username.
- All API error codes are now meaningful strings instead of numbers.
- Improved Two-Factor Authentication reset logic.
- Fixed an interface bug in transaction log.
- URLs in API documentation are now clickable.
- Fixed a bug where overnight financing charges were applied to positions that were opened shortly after 17:00 (New York time).
- Moved the API call user/quota_status to quota/status and added some field to its return object.
- New paragraph on help page for unauthorized access.
We updated our security system similar to 1Fox: now it is possible to request a Two Factor Authentication reset in the settings menu of your 1Broker account. Since today, you can also filter your transaction log by type of transaction. We also refurbished our Newsletter. For further changes, here is the detailed change log:
- New API call: position/get.php to get position details for a specific ID.
- New security system.
- Email notification on login from new IP address.
- Resend SMS button appears after 30 seconds next to your smsTAN input field.
On Sunday May 20th 2018, we will upgrade our Bitcoin wallet infrastructure to be fully SegWit compatible. Unfortunately, this requires that all deposit addresses will change and transactions to old addresses will no longer be credited. If you send funds to and old address by accident, we will manually credit your deposit upon your request.
SegWit, among other things, increases the available space for transactions per block and makes second-layer solutions, like the Lightning network, possible.
By adding 1Broker to this new wallet infrastructure, transactions between 1Fox and 1Broker will be instant and with virtually no fees. Withdrawals to regular addresses will be charged with a floating transaction fee that is updated every hour depending on the required Bitcoin network fees. This floating fee will be much lower than the previous fixed fee we used.
After this upgrade it will also be possible to send Bitcoin transactions to the new alternative address format called Bech32.
With this update we will update our API to version 2.2 that includes the following changes:
- The user/bitcoin_deposit_address.php method will be removed and replaced by a new user/deposit.php method.
- deposits_unconfirmed field was removed from the user/overview.php method.
- deposits_pending field was renamed to pending_deposits in user/details.php.
- A new position/get.php method will return position details for a single position - works for open and closed positions.
You can find the details about these API methods in the API documentation after the update.
We are observing multiple communities that attract new investors by claiming to trade on behalf of them and promise stable returns. Investors are asked to transfer Bitcoin and are often kept updated solely via screenshots. We strongly advice against participating in such schemes for the following reasons:
- We offer a Copy Trader system that allows to copy another trader without needing to send Bitcoin directly.
- The "trusted" trader could lose your investment or disappear at any time.
- Screenshots and other account information can be manipulated and investors have no possibiliby to find out how their investment is really performing.
- The "trusted" trader's account can be overtaken by hackers due to weak knowledge of IT security.
The case of ZiangFaith
A few days ago, we received multiple messages asking us about the account ZaingFaith. We also received more than five emails from different addresses claiming to be the legit account owner and stating that the email address used for 1Broker has been overtaken by an attacker. Later we found out that this account was used to trade on behalf of multiple investors (see above).
We immediately blocked this account to avoid further damages. Unfortunately and although best efforts, we were not able to find out who the original account owner is and therefore decided to transfer the account to Christine Benedicto, a participant/victim, who helped us in this process in the past days. She has a much better insight into this community and it will be her responsibility to act in the best interest of this trading group. Withdrawals are locked until we receive the confirmation from Christine and other members of the community.
Since multiple investors are affected by this incident, it is our responsibility to share some basic information of this account:
Remaining BTC Balance
(as of April 29th, 2018)
Email Address Changes
|March 29, 2018 02:46:43 (UTC)
||0.03 BTC to 39rfKbeQCQMQnMwbabjQFvP7jfN1AwyCPN
||skipping 4 similar
|April 07, 2018 02:40:47 (UTC)
||0.27212309 BTC to 3NiZHfURy5VDcvCbRPxNHtmehbDLd89d64
|April 08, 2018 04:04:32 (UTC)
||0.17 BTC to 368THJPUzmpWqQ3aim4zpAsHGRiesEdumt
|April 09, 2018 03:59:48 (UTC)
||0.35451784 BTC withdrawn to 368THJPUzmpWqQ3aim4zpAsHGRiesEdumt
||skipping 12 similar
|April 23, 2018 18:40:08 (UTC)
||0.001 BTC to 18iGBLwxYVWSff4D7KgY49EKTRw3CTiGsg
|April 24, 2018 12:26:47 (UTC)
||0.33339768 BTC to 3BH6uS6tXC8SNEGYQE3U8b7ATtS1pW6oMi
|April 25, 2018 03:07:17 (UTC)
||0.17947408 BTC to 3BH6uS6tXC8SNEGYQE3U8b7ATtS1pW6oMi
|Total profit/loss of trades
||about -0.17 BTC
Today we added Dropbox Inc. and Spotify Technology S.A. stocks for trading! We also increased the maximum leverages for Dow Jones 30 industrial and DAX (Germany 30) from 20 to 50.
|DAX (Germany 30)
|Dow Jones 30
In the past months we primarily focused on our new cryptocurrency trading platform 1fox.com. Today we finally deployed some upgrades for 1Broker again. The most notable change is our new official Telegram group - we hope to see you there!
Here is the full changelog:
- Replaced captcha system with Google’s reCaptcha for a better protection against password guessing bots.
- Replaced some PNG icons with vector graphics.
- Fixed vertical position of select input fields.
- New notification when an order/position is rolled over to the next underlying future market.
- New notification when a refund/payment/donation is credited.
- Fixed an issue where values in the UI were rounded differently than in our backend (seemingly leading to incorrect order executions)
- Performance improvements for many methods like fetching the transaction history.
- Better visual representation for phone-number input fields.
- Dozens of minor improvements and changes.